General Purpose Medium Voltage Drive
ABB Inc. expands the power range of their 4kV general purpose medium voltage drive, acheiving ultra-low harmonic performance in a compact package for quick installation at higher power ranges. The units provide significant energy savings as well as reliable process control while maintaining a compact, lightweight design.
- Ultra Low Harmonic (ULH) design with the integration of an Active Front End (AFE) minimizes line side harmonics without the use of expensive, specialized transformers, resulting in a direct-to-line connection that has a small footprint for space-sensitive applications
- Now available with higher power capabilities (up to 3000 HP) and a Direct Torque Control (DTC) motor control platform
- Ideal for uses with pumps, fans, blowers and conveyors in industries that utilize water, wastewater, power, cement, mining and HVAC
- High voltage IGBT-based active front end and patented multi-level Voltage Source Inverter (VSI) topology provide both line- and load- friendly operation
- Design providing near sinusoidal current and voltage waveforms, making the drive compatible for use with standard NEMA rated motors