Upping Performance in Thermoformed Packaging
Mon, 03/18/2013 - 4:55am
Unipetrol RPA is passing on the benefits of collaboration to its packaging-sector customers with a new low melt flow rate HPP grade based on Hyperform® HPN-600ei. According to the company, this new product, Mosten FT005:
- Significantly ups the aesthetics and processing performance of thermoformed rigid packaging, such as beverage cups, yogurt pots and trays.
- Is a bimodal polypropylene homopolymer (hPP) resin incorporating Milliken’s unique Hyperform HPN-600ei nucleating innovation with an antistatic agent.
- Brings significantly improved transparency and a glossy surface to end-products, leading to better aesthetic appeal.
- Offers well-balanced processing properties that ease parts production for converters.
- Is the result of intensive co-operation between Unipetrol, its R&D center Polymer Institute Brno (PIB) and Milliken.