Rapid-Response Combustible Gas Detector
Tue, 03/19/2013 - 11:52am
The advanced Model IR400 Point IR combustible gas detector from General Monitors features an industry-leading three-second T90 response time to the presence of combustible hydrocarbon-based gases. According to the company:
- With its fast three-second response time, the detector provides an added margin of safety in protecting people, equipment and plants from potentially explosive gas leaks.
- It features rapid fail-to-safe continuous gas/vapor monitoring within the lower explosive limit (LEL).
- It reliably alerts plant employees to gas leaks and warns them to shut down processes in affected areas.
- The low-maintenance detector monitors hydrocarbon-based gases including methane, propane, ethane, ethylene, butane, hexane, pentane and benzene.
- It features a self-diagnostic design to prevent false alarms and process shutdowns.
- It monitors conditions such as supply voltage and optical path integrity.
- It also features heated optics to eliminate condensation, and a dirty optics indicator helps discriminate between true alarms and maintenance needs.
- It uses only 4.8 W of power.