Lighting with Fabrication & Machining Capabilities
Mon, 03/04/2013 - 12:03pm
In an ongoing effort to develop innovative and custom products for the commercial and industrial lighting marketplace, LarsonElectronics.com added several new fabricating, machining and testing capabilities. According to the company:
- Larson Electronics invested in several new pieces of fabrication and CNC equipment.
- The newest fabrication equipment includes two 120 ton iron workers, a plate roller, a magnetic brake press, two more Miller 350p aluminum welders and a Miller Tig welder.
- Two more Lagun mills and a Nardini lathe bring the total CNC related equipment to four lathes and five mills.
- A new 5-by-10 water jet table is scheduled for delivery next month.
- On the product testing side, Larson Electronics brought the Radiant Zemax Prometric Near Field Measurement System, a two axis goniometer, online for measuring the color and intensity of various lighting products it produces.
- The PM-NFMS can produce IES files, EULUMDAT files, illuminance distribution on a plane as a table, and Radiant Source Models with NIST traceability for new products.