Inclined to Find a New Sensor?
Fri, 03/08/2013 - 11:29am
Balluff's new liquid-based inclination sensors measure the deviation on a horizontal axis of up to 360 degrees. The company says that they also deliver:
- With an extremely high accuracy of 0.1°C, a resolution of 0.01° and a temperature drift of just 0.01% /10K, they are the ideal choice for solar thermal power plant and renewable energy applications that require angle measurement or constant rotary monitoring.
- Balluff’s BSI inclination sensors feature a robust metal housing with an IP 67 enclosure rating that is easily installed into systems with limited space due to their compact housing size.
- With an expanded temperature range of -40°C to + 85°C, they are ideal for outdoor applications.
- The sensors are based on a capacitive measuring principle and are equipped with a liquid-based measuring cell.
- The 4-20mA analog output signal is scaled linearly over the angular range of 360°C.