The World’s Smallest Controller in its Class
Mon, 02/04/2013 - 9:43am
DENSO introduces the world’s most compact industrial robot controller, its RC8 controller, in the 3-kW output class. According to the company this high-speed controller is also characterized by:
- The power to communicate with over 100 different types of devices using the company’s ORiN™ open-resource interface networking system, which includes 100 Base-T Ethernet, mini/hand I/O, RS-232C and USB as standard, plus CC-Link, DeviceNet, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, parallel discrete I/O, Profibus and Profinet as optional.
- A 60 percent smaller and 45 percent lighter design than the company’s previous model.
- The company’s Wincaps III™ 3D simulation software to permit offline programming and remote monitoring of robot operation.
- Dimensions of 12 by 18 by 3.75 (H) inches to save factory floor space and facilitate integration.
- A Microsoft Windows-based graphical user interface to reduce robot set-up time.
- ISO and UL safety compliance for global deployment.
- An optional teaching pendant with a 7.5-inch color touchscreen, a mini pendant with a 128- by 64-pixel LCD display, up to 2 additional axes and conveyor tracking.
WestPack Booth #4339