The Sky’s the Limit for this Hornet™
The extra high-density and ergonomic Hornet™ horizontal carousel and scissor lift system from Sapient Automation is a cost-effective way to automate storage and retrieval operations while optimizing available ceiling heights up to 25 feet. According to the company:
- These systems can save up to 75 percent of the available floor space while reducing labor by 2/3 and improving accuracy to 99.99 percent levels.
- The carousel is comprised of a series of bins with shelves that rotate around a horizontal track, delivering stored items to an operator driven via inventory management software.
- An integrated Lightree Pick to Light device directs the operator’s actions, improving picking accuracy and productivity.
- A scissor-lift workstation platform is used to move the operator from the floor to top position for 100 percent ergonomic order picking.
- Two to four carousels are integrated into one workstation called a pod.
- In operation, XPress Pix inventory control software downloads a wave of orders from the host.
- The conveyor can be mounted at the top, middle or bottom position to eliminate wasted motion and travel time.