Safely Weighing up to 100 Tons
Weighing large tanks, vessels and silos presents safety challenges, and weigh modules can be difficult to install, which takes unnecessary time and adds costs. Mettler-Toledo has introduced a new 100 Ton PinMount™ weigh module that offers manufacturers an opportunity to easily and safely convert such structures into high-capacity scales, even in harsh environments and classified hazardous areas. The company says that the models:
- Weigh from 7.5 to 100 tons.
- Are easy to integrate onto existing structures and provide important SafeLock™ safety features, which make installation foolproof.
- Offer features that simplify installation of tank, silo and conveyor scales, and can prevent accidents and ensure efficient installation.
- Provide more uptime and therefore greater profit.
- Are not affected by lateral movement or thermal expansion because the design incorporates self-aligning rocker-style load cells.
- Feature dual anti-lift devices and vertical downstops to prevent damage due to environmental forces and component failure, protecting profits and lives.
- Offer flexible placement, efficient mounting and calibration without weights, making installation of weigh modules to the large vessels safe, economical and easy.