A Pro Prolok™ Piping System
Wed, 02/06/2013 - 9:15am
Asahi/America introduces its Chem Prolok™ thermoplastic double-wall piping systems to help meet EPA requirements for underground chemical transfer. According to the company, these pipes also provide:
- The ability to safely convey liquid chemicals with a pH range from 1 to 14.
- Suitability for water and wastewater treatment chemical feed systems, acids, caustics, sodium hypochlorite, mixed chemicals, compressed gasses and process piping, pressure or drainage.
- The power to be primarily joined using simultaneous butt fusion, which provides the highest joint integrity known in thermoplastic piping systems, to avoid risky mechanical joints.
- Construction from the highest stress crack-resistant PE resin.
- Pipe and fitting sizes from 1 by 3 inches through 12 by 16 inches.
- Broad chemical and ultraviolet resistance, a low installation cost and safe long-term, maintenance-free service.
- Installation with either low point or continuous cable leak detection systems to comply with local environmental or safety regulations.
- Accommodations for both above and in-ground applications.
- No need for special backfill in a buried service, saving time and resources.
- Certification by NSF to NSF/ANSI 61-G to be safe for drinking water.