A Preview of the Next BLOCK-BUSTER
The new BLOCK-BUSTER™ bulk bag conditioner from Flexicon features a hydraulically actuated, variable-height turntable for automated in-frame bag rotation and conditioning of bulk bags at varying heights. The company says that the BLOCK-BUSTER is additionally equipped with:
- 2 hydraulic rams with specially contoured end plates to press opposing sides and corners of bulk bags, thereby loosening material that has solidified during storage and shipment to enable bulk bag unloaders to discharge it through bag spouts.
- Suitability for bulk bags containing hygroscopic chemicals, certain spice blends, heat-sensitive products and other materials prone to solidifying to the point at which pneumatically actuated flow promotion accessories integral to bulk bag dischargers are inefficient or completely ineffective.
- The flexibility to program the number and pressure of hydraulic ram actuations, the height of the turntable and the degree of rotation.
- A cantilevered I-beam with a motorized hoist and trolley to load and unload bulk bags without the need for a forklift.
- The full enclosure of the conditioner on all 4 sides for operator safety, and full-height doors that interlock to disallow operation of the system when the doors are open.
- The ability to mount the system controller and hydraulic pump on the exterior of the safety cage or remotely.