For Flowmeter Accuracy & Process Efficiency
Tue, 02/05/2013 - 6:22am
The Vortab Company manufactures flow conditioners that combine proven swirl removal technology with the patented Vortab flow-conditioning process to achieve the most repeatable and efficient flow profile available. According to the company:
- The various inline- and insertion-style products consist of a short section of swirl reduction tabs combined with multiple arrays of profile conditioning tabs.
- The design produces rapid cross-stream mixing, minimizes swirl and velocity profile distortions and produces a highly repeatable flow profile that is measurable across a broad flow range.
- The products are specified for use with and successfully applied with a variety of flowmeter technologies including: differential pressure, turbine, vortex shedding, ultrasonic, thermal and magnetic.
- The conditioners offer a very low-pressure loss design — non-recoverable pressure loss can reduce maximum flow capability in process lines, creating process inefficiencies and requiring greater energy expenditures to move process liquids and gases.
- They are available with carbon steel, 316 stainless steel or Hastelloy C-276 construction and with several process connections — ANSI flanges, male NPT threads, butt welded preps or retaining wafers.