A Combination of Accuracy & Flexibility
Fri, 02/15/2013 - 7:58am
Iwaki America introduces its IX Series direct-drive, digitally controlled metering pumps as combining both accuracy and flexibility into an energy-efficient design. According to the company, the IX further incorporates:
- Precise control over a wide output range, enabling 1 pump to satisfy a broad range of application flow rate requirements.
- A maximum capacity of 40 GPH (150 LPH) and a pressure rating up to 150 PSI (10 BAR).
- Precise motor control coupled with an efficient check valve design to create an accurate performance of ±1 percent over the entire output range.
- An average power consumption of only 62 watts.
- An advanced head design and fixed stroke length to maintain a high compression ratio throughout each stroke, resulting in fast priming and no gas-lock conditions.
- Helical gears and return springs to reduce power consumption by up to 70 percent compared to conventional motor-driven mechanical metering pumps.
- A turndown ratio of 750:1, which enables only 2 models to satisfy most chemical metering applications.
- A maintenance-free drive over the life of the pump.
- No need for an oil bath or additional lubrication.
- Suitability for automated chemical delivery in industries from wastewater treatment to chemical process.