Broaden Your Flowmeter Horizons
Wed, 02/13/2013 - 11:29am
KROHNE Inc. offers a tantalum version of its OPTIMASS 7300 straight tube Coriolis mass flowmeter. According to the company:
- The corrosion-resistant flowmeter is the first of its kind to contain tantalum wetted-flange construction, allowing it to withstand the harshest conditions.
- Tantalum has similar chemical resistance as glass, and is typically used with chemicals such as hydrochloric, sulphuric, nitric and phosphoric acids, or bromine and chlorine.
- The tantalum design makes it an affordable and ideal solution for the safe and reliable measurement of fluids that require glass-lined piping or glass-lined process vessels.
- The tantalum is an alloy called tantalum Ta10W, which is comprised of 10 percent tungsten and 90 percent tantalum (tungsten provides additional tensile strength).
- The single straight-tube design is resistant to blocking or fouling, allowing the meter to handle high viscosity fluids with ease, and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Featuring patented Adaptive Sensor Technology (AST), it intelligently “tunes” itself, independent of external forces and fluid density.
- It delivers accurate metering for a wide range of flow rates, in seven different full-bore tube diameters (1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 1, 1 ½, 2 and 3 inches).