For 100-Percent Liquid Yield
Alfa Laval’s patented design has a strong magnetic coupling between the AISI 316L stainless steel impeller and the powerful driving magnets, which causes the impeller to levitate or float — with no direct contact with axial bearing surfaces. The company says that the mixer offers:
- Suitability for biotech, pharmaceutical and other applications with high hygienic demands.
- Continued mixing until a tank is empty.
- A validated mix to a much lower tank level compared to other mixing products.
- Nearly 100-percent yield, which saves the customer product, time and ultimately operating costs.
- Run rates in excess of 750 RPM for higher speed mixing; the mixer is just as efficient at speeds as low as 10 RPM,
- RPM versatility also allows the mixer to be installed in a variety of tank sizes — up to 6,600 gallons in size.
- The seal-free magnetic mixer doesn’t need to shut down after each batch as CIP and SIP cycles can begin immediately.
- Due to the levitated impeller, it isn’t necessary to submerge the mixer with CIP solution since cleaning solution flows freely through all surfaces.
- The mixer has 3.1 traceability with USP Class VI compliant mixing components, with five sizes to choose from: 4,6,8,10 and 12 inches.