Manufactured with a special compound that is opaque to X-ray and fluoroscopic imaging, Radiopaque ProStack® pallets from Polymer Solutions International Inc. are ideal for use in food, beverage and pharmaceutical processing applications. According to the company:
- Because the pallet is clearly visible in imaging inspections common in cleanroom and processing areas, it’s easier to detect product contaminates.
- The Radiopaque additive is completely safe — it’s odorless; insoluble in water; will not bond with processed food, beverages or pharmaceuticals; and cannot be absorbed by the human body.
- All pallets are rated for a 30,000-pound static load, or a 5,000-pound dynamic load.
- Edge rackable to 2,200 pounds, they offer four-way fork entry and are made from 100 percent recyclable, FDA-approved high density polyethylene (HDPE); the radiopaque compound does not impair the pallet’s recyclability.
- In addition to resisting bacteria, mold and other contaminants, the pallet features an open-grid top deck or solid-top top deck that is easy to clean and visually inspect.