Water-Based Primers in Custom Colors
Tue, 01/15/2013 - 8:22am
Cortec’s original CorrVerter® is now joined by CorrVerter® Black and CorrVerter® Green. The company says that these environmentally friendly, water-based primers offer:
- They contain a novel chemical chelating agent that modifies surface rust into a hydrophobic passive layer.
- Combined with high solids waterborne latex with extremely low water vapor permeability, these coatings offer a unique formulation that is excellent protection against corrosion.
- They provide long-term corrosion protection for poorly prepared substrates, quickly converting and halting rust.
- All can be applied under varying weather conditions on ferrous metal surfaces and can be top-coated with VpCI®-386 or VpCI®-387 for added UV Stability.
- These products can be used in situations where proper cleaning or sandblasting is difficult, such as: industrial maintenance, general metal and holding tanks.