For On-Site Power Control
Russelectric offers on-site power control systems equipped with dual PLC controls for automatic generator set starting and stopping, status and alarm annunciation, synchronizing and priority load control. The company says that the systems are characterized by:
- A primary PLC controls system operation with a backup PLC running the same program as the primary.
- If the primary PLC fails, the backup PLC assumes operational control.
- If both PLCs were to fail, a manual control system allows operating personnel to synchronize and parallel the generators onto the bus, as well as to add and shed load.
- The instruments and other devices that facilitate manual operation are mounted on a hinged panel that can be specified to swing either left or right for easy viewing.
- The company custom designs and builds power control and synchronizing switchgear systems in low- and medium-voltage ratings for single- and multi-unit on-site power generators.
- In addition to emergency power, system designs may include a variety of sophisticated control functions.
- Large LCD touchscreen operator interface is included.