Raise Gas Compressor Efficiencies & Reduce Costs
Fri, 01/18/2013 - 10:06am
Fluid Components Intl. presents its ST75 air/gas mass flowmeter to deliver precise flow measurement, while reducing the consumption of energy fuel gases, specialty gases and pneumatic air. The company believes that the ST75 also grants:
- Air/gas mass flow monitoring for engineers and technicians who rely on point-of-use gas compressor measurement.
- The power to compare compressor usage and adjust compressors for optimum efficiencies in large processing facilities with multiple gas compressors.
- The ability to ensure peak performance at a given flow rate at the point of compressed gas output.
- Utility in predictive maintenance applications in which higher flow rates may indicate leaking valves or seals in 1 unit vs. other units operating under similar conditions.
- Accommodations for line sizes from 0.25 to 2.0 inches (6 to 51 mm).
- 3 unique outputs — mass flow rate, totalized flow and media temperature.
- Media temperature compensation.
- An accuracy to ±1 percent of reading and ±0.5 percent of repeatability.
- A precision flow element (without moving parts) that employs platinum RTD sensors embedded in equal mass thermowells with microprocessor electronics, which can be calibrated to laboratory standards for CO2 as well as many other gases.
- Performance in both low- and high-flow applications because it operates over a wide flow range, from 0.01 to 559 SCFM (0.01 to 950 NCMH), depending on line size.
- A wide turndown range at 10:1 to 100:1.
- Direct-flow measurement using proven thermal dispersion technology for more accuracy.
- Elimination of the need for temperature sensors, flow computers or other devices that are required with orifice plates, Venturis, vortex shedding and other meters.
- No orifices or inlets to clog or foul, which reduces scheduled maintenance and unplanned shutdowns.
- Fully scaleable 4- to 20-mA and 0- to 10-V outputs that are user-assignable to flow rate and/or temperature, and a 0- to 1-kHz pulse output of total flow.
- An all-metal, dust- and water-resistant, NEMA Type 4X (IP66) rated package.
- Compliance with Class 1, Div. I, Groups B, C, D., Div. II Groups A-D; ATEX/IECEx Zone I, II 2 G Ex d IIC T6.... T3; II 2 D Ex td A21, IP67 T90°...T300° (pending); FM/CSA/CRN and a CE mark.