Food-Grade Hoses Resist Bacteria
Mon, 01/28/2013 - 6:13am
Parker Hannifin now provides high-temperature, food-processing hoses with a seamless fluoropolymer tube that resists the collection of bacteria, preserves taste and is easy to clean. The company believes that its hoses are further highlighted by:
- 3 models from which to choose — the PAGE-flex SBF™ comes in smoothbore with an optimal bend radius (1/2 the bend radius of conventional fluoropolymer braided hoses), coupled with kink and vacuum resistance; the PAGE Flare-Seal™ features a PTFE liner that passes through the inside of the fitting and is then flared over the face to provide 100 percent full PTFE coverage on all wetted surfaces; and the FEP smoothbore EPDM rubber-covered hose is a flexible hose with increased personal handling safety.
- Extra reinforcement for each hose to withstand internal pressures and offer full vacuum capabilities within temperature parameters.
- Sizes from 3/8 up to 4 inches (inner dia.), depending on the style.
- Compliance with FDA, 3A and USDA product standards.
- Suitability for the food and beverage industry.
- Availability of a silicone jacket on hoses with stainless steel braid reinforcement for handling protection and easy cleaning, whereas other abrasion-resistant covers are available upon request.