Enclosures for Indoor & Outdoor Use
Hammond Mfg. offers PCJ series polycarbonate enclosures for housing electrical and electronic equipment in installations where NEMA 4X (IP66) environmental sealing for dust and water protection is required. The company says that the enclosures are characterized by:
- The screw-down cover versions meet the higher NEMA 6P sealing requirements.
- Five sizes, ranging from 5.93 by 6.16 by 4.91 inches to 13.94 by 12.16 by 10.82 inches are available; the basic enclosure can be supplied in 80 different configurations.
- Polycarbonate offers good impact resistance, resists attack by aggressive chemicals and does not crack or chip; it can be used in ambient temperatures of -35 to +130°C.
- Molded in RAL 7035 light grey, the series can be specified with hinged or screw-down front covers in either opaque or transparent polycarbonate.
- Metallic or non-metallic snap latches are available, and both materials have a padlock hasp to prevent unauthorized access.
- Optional inner panels are available in white painted steel or natural aluminum.
- Adjustable corner supports allows a panel to be mounted flush to the enclosure body or 1.5 inches from the bottom within the molded-in corner slots.