Are Your Vibration Sensors Sensing Isolation?
Thu, 01/24/2013 - 11:55am
R. STAHL has extended its ISpac family of 9147 Series Ex i isolators and added important functions: The transmitter supply units enable the use of vibration sensors in hazardous areas. The company says that these components are highlighted by:
- The condition monitoring of plants and machines, allowing users to detect any damage at an early stage.
- The detection of problematic vibrations in process plants with rotating parts.
- Modules that come as single unit on a DIN rail with a common power supply, and collective error messaging via the pac-Bus or in pac carriers, which enable factory pre-wiring of plants, thus facilitating final mounting or retrofitting at a later date, and ensuring error-free installation of the isolators.
- Availability of a 1- or 2-channel version — the 2-channel version enables users to save 50 percent space in the switching cabinet, thereby reducing indirect installation costs.
- An optimal signal-to-noise-ratio to ensure precise signal transmission.
- An easily accessible rotary switch for quick and easy configuration.
- The support of a wide range of sensors and transmitters.