The KROHNE OPTISYS SLM 2080 optical sludge blanket measurement system offers accurate and reliable measurement of blanket depth, separation zone and swirled solids (fluff zone) depth using optical suspended solids measuring technology. According to the company, the system also grants:
- The direct, continuous measurement of suspended solids content using optical sensors, and 24-hour automated monitoring and control, which acts as an early warning system for sedimentation problems and prevents sludge washout.
- Precise control when filling the thickener, thus allowing operators to increase the suspended solids content of sludge fed to the digester, thereby reducing the amount of water that has to be heated in the digestion towers and energy costs.
- A rake guard switch to protect the sensor from being caught by the rake.
- Automatic flushing of the sensor and cable after each measuring cycle.
- Energy savings by optimizing the pre-thickening of the sludge.
- A stainless steel IP55 housing with an integrated heater for outdoor installations.
- Suitability for the continuous measurement of industrial and municipal wastewater sludge, sludge settlement monitoring, and the control of return-activated sludge (RAS) and waste-activated sludge (WAS).
- The inclusion of cleaning equipment, fasteners, cables and flush hoses.