The Secure Way to Reliable Results
Mettler-Toledo is proud to announce the introduction of GEP™ (Good Electrochemistry Practice™), the fifth guideline in the company’s Good Measuring Practices program after GWP (Good Weighing Practice), GTP (Good Titration Practice), GPP (Good Pipetting Practice) and GDRP (Good Density and Refractometry Practice). According to the company, the guideline’s steps include:
- Evaluation of the main aspects that may have an influence on the choice of an electrochemical system.
- Selection of optimal measuring equipment based on the evaluation above — the Sensor Product Guide, which can be found on www.electrodes.net, is a tool that has been developed to assist when selecting sensors.
- Installation of the system also poses risks and should either be done by carefully following the installation checklist or professionally by a service technician.
- Qualification – only properly qualified personnel and qualified equipment guarantee good results.
- Routine operation provides the opportunity to apply all the work flows determined to be optimal for the electrochemical system — this final step also requires regular service of instruments and verification of the methods as a form of continual fine tuning.