Hazardous Location Controls
AutomationDirect’s product offering now includes KILLARK hazardous location controls, which are ideal for installations at petroleum refineries, chemical and petrochemical plants and other processing or storage facilities where flammable gases or vapors, combustible dusts or easily ignitable fibers or flyings are present. According to the company:
- Explosion-proof control devices are available in single or double pushbutton, maintained pushbutton, keyed and non-keyed selector switch, single and double pilot light and pilot light/pushbutton styles.
- Available factory-sealed control device cover assemblies feature a sealing plate between the arcing device and junction box which eliminates the need for external sealing.
- Available unsealed control device cover assemblies feature cast copper-free aluminum alloy bodies and covers, open space between gangs for easy wiring from one cover to another, and an internal ground screw; a ground flange joint between the bolted cover and box provide the required flame path.
- Splice/device boxes are available in dead end and feed-through models and are available in single and double-gang styles
- Available accessories include blank covers, replacement keys, replacement LED lamps, sealing fittings, sealing compound and packing fiber, as well as legend plates.