A Flowmeter with a Modbus Interface
Thu, 12/06/2012 - 10:36am
Yokogawa’s RotaMASS 3 Coriolis Mass Flowmeter series has extended its communication capabilities with a Modbus interface. According to the company:
- Modbus running over RS-485 will be available in with both Modbus RTU and ASCII transmission modes.
- The fast and simple Modbus communication, running at up 57000 bps, enables access to all relevant process measurements including mass flow, volume flow, density and temperature.
- All measurement variables are included as readable address registers.
- For easy configuration of meter measurements and settings, the free RotaMASS Modbus Communication Tool will be delivered with each RotaMASS.
- This software is equipped with different functions, clearly displayed in an explorer view.
- The RotaMASS is respected in the market for its superior box-in-box design, which decouples the measuring device from external vibrations and stresses for consistent accuracy.
- With its dual thick walled, u-shaped tubes, it provides an optimum measuring accuracy of +/-0.1 percent for liquids and +/- 0.5 percent for gasses.