Wed, 12/05/2012 - 10:02am
Hammond Mfg. Co.’s new 1553T range of T cases is designed for use in a wide variety of hand-held instrumentation, data capture and controller applications. According to the company:
- Initially available in two sizes (6.50 by 3.15 by 1.10 inches [165 by 80 by 28 millimeters] and 8.27 by 3.94 by 1.26 inches [210 by 100 by 32 millimeters]), the enclosures feature recessed areas for keypads and displays and are available with our without a battery compartment.
- Versions without a battery box have two removable end panels; the battery versions have a single panel at the top of the unit.
- The removable plastic end panels are easily machined to provide cutouts to suit LEDs, connectors and switches as required.
- Molded in flame-retardant ABS, the units have a smooth curved shape that fits comfortably into the hand.
- They are produced in light grey or black, both with over-molded contrasting soft side grips as standard.
- Both top and base are provided with PCB mounting standoffs and the two shells are assembled together with screws into brass inserts.
- All units can be supplied factory modified with machining and silk screening to the user’s specification.