Stabilizing Otherwise Unstable Loads
Intelligrated® has enhanced its Alvey® 950 Series hybrid palletizers with an on-board stretch bander that adds stability to otherwise unstable loads, and an integrated control system that allows both the conventional palletizer and its robotic arms to operate from a single PLC. According to the company, the Alvey 950 additionally delivers:
- The integration of robotic arms with a conventional high-speed palletizer to increase pattern flexibility and facilitate quick product changeover.
- A hoist-mounted stretch bander that can reduce or eliminate the need for tie sheets and stretch wrapping to stabilize loads.
- An integrated PLC control platform to eliminate the need for traditional proprietary robot controllers, streamlining complex control communication, reducing response time and minimizing changeover delays.
- The use of fewer consumables than traditional stretch wrapping, reducing both time and material requirements.
- Reduced startup time, training, programming, and hardware and troubleshooting costs.
- Suitability for reduced secondary packaging applications that require gentle handling, and industries with small and lightweight packaging.