Seamless Hose Solutions
Mon, 11/26/2012 - 11:11am
Parker Hannifin offers seamless PTFE convoluted hose with a Nomex Braid, a flame-resistant fabric with a texture that resembles nylon. According to the company, Nomex braided hose assemblies offer:
- Superior flexibility, allowing them to route through tight areas and eliminate RFI issues seen in applications having stainless steel reinforcements.
- They are also less susceptible to cracking from stress or flexing than metal hose assemblies.
- For abrasion resistance, a polyester monofilament scuff sleeve can be added.
- Nomex braided hoses are extremely flexible and light weight, about 40 percent lighter than a typical stainless steel braided hose.
- With nearly the same temperature resistance, up to 400°F, Nomex is a much cooler reinforcement allowing operators to handle hoses without the risk of a burn.
- Sizes range from ¼-inch I.D. up to 1-inch I.D.
- NCB static dissipative assemblies can be provided upon request.