An Intrinsically Safe Digital Multimeter
Thu, 11/15/2012 - 6:11am
The Fluke® 28 II Ex is a rugged, intrinsically safe digital multimeter that allows measurements both inside and outside of hazardous zones without compromising measurement performance. The company says that the 28 II Ex DMM also offers:
- The ability to measure up to 1,000 V and 10 A AC and DC.
- The power to withstand hazardous 8,000-V spikes caused by load switching and faults on industrial circuits.
- True-RMS AC voltage and current for accurate measurement on non-linear signals. A high-resolution 20,000 count display.
- A low-pass filter to ensure accurate voltage and frequency measurements on variable-speed motor drives.
- A built-in thermometer function that measures temperature from -200° to 1,090°C (-328° to 1,994°F), reducing the number of tools that need to be carried.
- All the test and troubleshooting power necessary for accurate measurements inside or outside potentially explosive areas, eliminating the need to carry multiple meters for different areas and removing the safety problems associated with crossing through an intrinsically safe-required zone with a non-intrinsically safe instrument.
- A drop-proof design of up to 3 m (9.8 feet).
- A totally sealed IP67-rated case for complete protection against dust and water.
- Compliance with ATEX, IEC Ex and cETLus standards, as well as intrinsic safety standards worldwide for safe use inside potentially explosive environments, making it suitable for use in petroleum, chemical and pharmaceutical facilities.