Easy Cleaning for Sanitary Applications
Fri, 11/02/2012 - 12:37pm
K-Tron specifically designed its P Series Venturi loader for conveying powders in sanitary food, pharmaceutical and chemical applications. According to the company, this loader is further highlighted by:
- Convey rates up to 300 kg/hour (660 pounds/hour) and a minimum holding capacity of 9.5 dm3 (0.34 feet3), which increases with the optional extension modules.
- An efficient and compact Venturi power unit that uses compressed air to create its vacuum convey source, eliminating the need for a separate blower package and making it more economical for lower rate conveying over shorter distances.
- A large-area automatic reverse jet filter for efficient powder conveying.
- A loader body constructed from DIN 1.4404 (AISI 316L) stainless steel, with internal and external electro-polished surface passivation.
- A modular construction and sanitary design, without pockets or dead spaces, to ease disassembly and cleaning, in addition to simple expansion with extension modules.
- Tri-clover quick-release fittings on all convey line connections to ensure quick disconnection.
- Special FDA-approved seals and gaskets.
- 2 outlet configurations — powered flap or active driven butterfly valve discharge.
- A 115/230-VAC, 15-A controller.
- Suitability for loading hoppers, as well as loss-in-weight feeder refill applications.
- Compliance with rigid 3A dairy sanitary requirements, and ATEX 2GD/1D and NEC Class 1, Div. 2, Group C & D classifications.