Magnalight.com by Larson Electronics releases the HAL-SA-48-2L-LED Hazardous Area LED Light, which is designed to replace common fluorescent lamps in hazardous locations without the usually higher cost of explosion-proof LED fixtures. The company says that this fixture offers:
- High light output and excellent durability in an affordable hazardous-location approved system.
- A design that costs less than comparable fixtures yet still provides higher output and UL-approved hazardous-location compliance.
- The 4-foot-long, two-lamp fixture is UL-listed Class 1 Division 2 Groups A, B, C and D and is constructed with a non-sparking aluminum housing for durability and light weight.
- The LED bulbs are protected and sealed within the housing by a powder-coated aluminum frame and shatter- and heat-resistant clear acrylic lens locked to the housing with 10 zinc-coated steel latches.
- The LED tube lamps in this fixture produce more light than standard T5 bulbs and have over twice the lamp life, but draw only 1/3rd the amount of the current, making these units more efficient as well as more powerful.