A Continuum™ of User-Friendly Upgrades
Mon, 11/05/2012 - 6:57am
Standard-Knapp introduces the 296TS Continuum™ tray/shrink system with upgrades to the user interface, wrapping wand and film feed module. The company says that the 296TS Continuum™ also offers:
- A film bed outfitted with an easy-access clamshell design that can easily be opened and removed for a periodic maintenance, maximizing uptime and serviceability.
- Speeds up to 80 trays per minute and a smooth transition during the product/tray merge.
- Servo-driven Zero-Gap infeed technology for balanced, jam-resistant packing lanes, and a continuous container supply to the downstream lanes and grouping section.
- The ability to handle the largest diameter range in the industry.
- A heavy-duty stainless steel-framed system that features easy walk-by maintenance, made possible by transparent guarding that allows the system’s parts to remain clearly visible.
- An on-demand film wrapping wand controlled by a servo motor and sensor, eliminating the continuous cycle operation of previous wands, and wasteful wear and tear.
- An advanced diagnostic program to automatically direct the operator to a fault screen in the event of a problem and provide automatic scheduled maintenance alerts.
- A simple, single-pass, error-free film thread system.
- An intuitive graphic operator interface.
- Suitability for both loose containers and multipacks in a variety of materials, including glass, PET, HDPE, metal and fiber cans, HiCone, shrink bundles and paperboard overwrap.
- A user-friendly, easy-to-maintain and reliable solution for challenging 24/7 applications in the food and beverage industries.