For Black-Iron Oil & Gas Pipe
Viega introduces its MegaPress and MegaPressG systems, which can make secure water- and air-tight connections in less than 7 seconds, for installing Schedule 5 through 40 black-iron pipe in sizes from 1/2 to 2 inches. The company further believes these systems provide:
- Modern cold press connections for pipe installation.
- Suitability for hydronic heat, chilled water, compressed air, fire sprinkler systems, low-pressure steam and vacuum lines, as well as in fuel oil and natural gas applications.
- A stainless steel grip ring with an EPDM sealing element for the MegaPress system, or HNBR for the Viega MegaPressG system, along with a stainless steel separator ring that ensures the sealing element and grip ring perform at optimal capacity.
- Smart Connect® functionality for a quick and easy way to identify connections that need pressing, so they are not missed.
- Availability of more than 200 fittings that include elbows, couplings, reducers, tees, reducing tees, threaded adapters and unions.
- No joining material build up, exposed threads or tarnish.
- An easy-to-use, flameless and environmentally friendly design.
- The flexibility to perform well in new installations and retrofit projects.
- Elimination of the need for cumbersome equipment, including welding tanks and threading machines.