Addressing Overseas Container Traffic
Mon, 11/05/2012 - 9:43am
Rite-Hite recently released its RHR-4000 Dok-Lok vehicle restraint in response to the growing use of overseas (intermodal) shipping containers by the U.S. trucking industry. The company says that the RHR-4000 additionally offers:
- A rotating hook restraint that adds another layer of safety by securing overseas container chassis, which can have a plate or obstruction above the rear impact guard.
- The prevention of all types of trailer separation accidents, including early departure and landing gear collapse, as well as trailer creep, pop up, upending and tip over.
- The largest wrap over rear impact guards in the industry.
- The widest working range of any rotating hook restraint on the market.
- The Rite-Vu Light communication system, including the Corner Vu (which provides immediate Dok-Lok status at a glance to the forklift driver before entering the trailer) and Leveler-Vu (which confirms Dok-Lok status to the forklift driver while inside the trailer).
- A water- and dust-resistant IP66-rated motor.
- A corrosive-resistant finish that meets the ASTM B117 testing standard.
- Suitability for today’s increasingly frenetic loading dock environment, with an enhanced track for better performance.