Reducing Wasted Time
FastPic Systems’ FastPic5 inventory management software is now available with a batch put away function — the process of putting away multiple parts simultaneously; selected restock parts are batched and are put away concurrently. The company says that the improved software offers:
- Instead of replenishing inventory one part at a time, it allows multiple parts to be replenished at one time.
- A speedier replenishment process and increased productivity and accuracy.
- Each replenishment item is treated as an order and is assigned an individual tote before the process begins.
- Eliminating the need to walk through aisles of shelving or drawers to put away individual items one at a time, the operator uses the time previously wasted to put more goods away.
- With the touch of a button, the machine moves to bring the put away location directly to the operator at an ergonomic height.
- When using dynamic storage systems, FastPic5 organizes and manages the put away sequence to increase the overall productivity of batch put away.
- Put light technology navigates the operator throughout the entire batch put away process.
- Pick lights on the batch station direct the operator which items to pick and put lights on the machine indicate where the operator should put the items, including how many to store in that location.