Preserving Taste & Resisting Bacteria
Thu, 10/04/2012 - 11:01am
Parker Hannifin’s Parflex Division offers high-temperature food tubing for the food and beverage industry in a fluoropolymer or thermoplastic design. According to the company:
- Both types of seamless tubing are offered in a variety of resins and sizes that resist the collection of bacteria, preserve taste and are very easy to clean.
- Flouropolymer tubing is FDA compliant and offers complete lot traceability from the resin to the finished product.
- Thermoplastic tubing is available in FDA, NSF-51 and/or NSF-61 compliant materials.
- Tubing (up to 500°F) is available in PTFE, FEP and PFA resins.
- Featuring a low coefficient of friction and anti-stick properties, all are non-wetting and non-leaching.
- They can be supplied with compatible fittings, formed or flared.
- High-purity designs are also available.
- Sizes range from .030 inch O.D. up to 4 inches O.D., depending on material.
- Lower temperature tubing (up to 180°F) is available in polypropylene, polyethylene and vinyl.