Large-Scale Dispersion of Bulk Solids
Charles Ross & Son now offers complete mixer packages for the fast and efficient dispersion of bulk solids in large batches. The company believes that its 1,000-gallon dual-shaft mixer with an inline solids/liquid injection manifold (SLIM) and recirculation skid is also equipped with:
- A specially engineered rotor/stator that generates a powerful vacuum for drawing solids into the mix chamber.
- Bulk solids charged into the SLIM’s feed hopper, whereas liquids are introduced into the batch mixer.
- A mixer that acts like a pump by recirculating liquid — then when the solids inlet valve is opened, the rotor draws powders into the incoming liquid stream and expels the resulting dispersion through the stator openings at high velocity.
- The quick injection of all solids while the liquid is relatively low viscosity.
- The engagement of the agitators in the dual-shaft mixer as the product thickens to incorporate minor ingredients and finish the mixture.
- Suitability for high-volume and high-throughput injection of powders, pellets or granules while preventing the formation of agglomerates and fish eyes.
- Simplified material handling as solids are charged at floor level instead of being carried up a mezzanine to be scooped or dumped into the batch.
- The sub-surface addition of solids to eliminate the problem of floating powders, which are frequently encountered in conventional stirred tanks.