99.95 Percent of Content Recovery
National Bulk Equipment introduces its ProductSaver® packaged product recovery system to safely and efficiently recover packaged product and packaging that may be off-spec, mislabeled, overrun, unsafe, or for other reasons unsellable. According to the company, its ProductSaver® additionally provides:
- The automated removal of packaged dry contents from the content’s packaging, which enables the controlled recovery of the contents for beneficial residual re-sale, reuse or efficient disposal, or recovery of the packaging material for recycling or disposal.
- The integration of package infeed, package opening, and contents and package separation processes into a single-stream product recovery sequence.
- Handling of the infeed by 1 operator, whether pallet loads, cases or single packs,
- No break-pack or razor-knife steps necessary, improving total process efficiency and protecting personnel from knives and repetitive motion injury.
- A cutting head enclosure where high-speed blades, configured to ensure maximum material release without shredding the package, prepare the package for the separation operation. Automated package opening that enables safe, high-volume processing and eliminates dusting, which is common with manual methods.
- A screen drum with angled flights on the integrated rotary separator to complete the separation of contents from the packaging.
- The removal of residual contents from the packaging via inline aspiration, providing up to 99.95 percent of content recovery.
- The reclamation of recovered contents into bulk containers for convenient handling.
- The collection and preparation of recovered packaging material for recycling or disposal.
- Customization for the particular requirements of each application, regardless of package shape — from single-use ampoules to 150-pound sacks, regardless of package type — from filter packs to dissolvable packets, and fiberboard to flexible packaging, and regardless of contents — from highly regulated powder, sanitary materials and combustible dusts to feed and grain.
- The flexibility to be built to meet the FDA, cGMP definition for cleanability, according to 21CFR110.40, with design features that proactively facilitate thorough cleaning, validation, and inspection.
PACK EXPO Booth #E8359