Weighing Trains Accurately & Efficiently
Tue, 09/25/2012 - 12:08pm
Avery Weigh-Tronix introduces Streamline, a new rail scale that provides an accurate, cost-efficient and quick-to-install train weighing solution. According to the company, Streamline:
- Is installed directly onto the track without the need to cut or weld rails, ensuring quick installation time and minimal rail traffic interruption.
- Offers reliable operation and weighs static or in-motion, full or two draft trains at speeds up to 15mph (25 km/h).
- Features patented ‘Twin Strip Technology’ and ignores horizontal and torsional deflections, only measuring the vertical forces of train wheels.
- Allows up to four pairs of transducers to be installed to measure the forces, and, when connected to a weight processor, convert the signals into weight.
- Can also integrate automatic vehicle identification (AVI) for unattended operations, allowing operators to monitor activity automatically from a terminal, office or network hub.
- Ensures accuracy using eight transducers, which is recommended where most of the cars have the same or very similar truck centers.
- Alternatively, the cost-efficient two draft system using four transducers is ideal for use as a check scale for all cars with standard trucks.
- Delivers accurate weight measurement of wagons, bogies, axles or individual wheels.
- Determines gross, tare and net weights at the speeds allowed in shunting yards and sidings, ensuring the process does not interfere with other operations.