Versatile Safety Relay Module
Tue, 09/18/2012 - 11:01am
Moore Industries’ SRM Safety Relay Module is a versatile relay repeater module that has been certified by exida for single use in Safety Instrumented Systems up to SIL 2. According to the company, the SRM is additionally characterized by:
- It is part of the Moore Industries’ FS FUNCTIONAL SAFETY SERIES and accepts single contact closure inputs from logic solver trip outputs, including Moore Industries’ STA Safety Trip Alarm and the SPA2 Programmable Limit Alarm Trip.
- With three contacts per alarm input, it allows for the addition of alarm contacts to safety processes without special installation or configuration.
- It is a Force Guided Relay, avoiding the possibility of having contacts become stuck in both Normally Open (NO) and Normally Closed (NC) positions.
- It is built using a safety-related relay with forcibly-guided contacts, which are monitored and mechanically linked to the same armature as the output contacts.
- It has been developed following the IEC 61508 standard and offers a high level of availability for safety-critical applications and for use as a component part of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS).
- It features a front-panel visual diagnostics, with three LED indicator lights reflecting the current Input, Output and power status. It can also be installed in an SIS with minimal wiring.