Reliable Workhorses — No Matter How Large
Thu, 09/27/2012 - 6:21am
Union Process has built an S-400 wet-grinding Attritor — the largest batch Attritor ever built by the 66-year-old company. The company says that the S-400 also provides:
- The capability to grind material up to 10 times faster than traditional ball mills.
- A large tank that accommodates 12,000 pounds of through-hardened carbon steel grinding media.
- A simple-to-operate, energy-efficient mill that doesn’t require material premixing.
- A new frame design utilizing a pivoting drive cantilever to ease removal of the agitator shaft for maintenance and cleaning.
- A 400-HP, totally enclosed fully cooled, inverter-duty motor with a heavy-duty variable-frequency drive controller.