Mon, 09/24/2012 - 1:14pm
Dortronics Systems Inc.’s 5278 Series of proximity-activated switches incorporate industry-leading functionality and design to help users maintain a sanitary environment. The company says that the switches are characterized by:
- Optical infrared technology allows a simple wave of the hand to activate this economical solution for touchless ingress/egress.
- They are engineered with an imbedded optical sensor that picks up motion within a 4-inch range of the face plate.
- If inadvertently touched, the sensor will pick up the motion before actual contact, resulting in normal operation.
- The switch also features an illuminated LED ring that designates switch status and allows for clear visibility under low light conditions.
- The LED ring is red during the normal standby mode and green when activated in trigger mode.
- Available as single- or double-plate, they are supplied standard with 6-inch leads.
- An eight-conductor cable connects to the double pole, double throw outputs and the 12VDC power input.