A New Level of RFID Flexibility
The Balluff BIS V Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) system is founded on a new generation of RFID processors that maximize flexibility by providing a single device for both low-frequency 125 KHz and high-frequency 13.56 MHz read/write heads with an IO-Link master port. According to the company:
- Combining up to four head capability on both frequencies with local analog, valve manifold or I/O access/control provides a solution you can apply to many types of RFID applications.
- The system allows you to draw on a single processor family with a wide array of read/write head and RFID tag options for both manufacturing and logistics solutions.
- Designed to maximize performance while improving usability out on the line, the processor provides a functional display and LEDs, making status and setup easier.
- A USB service interface makes connection for setup to today’s PCs simple.
- Typical applications include combining multiple read/write heads with local I/O in tracking and traceability of material or parts in assembly line work in progress (WIP) applications, and inter-logistics in automotive, industrial equipment, electronics, medical and packaging.