Locating Water-Based Fluid Leaks
Spectronics Corp.’s new Spectroline® OPK-342 Industrial Leak Detection Kit is an effective and efficient way to pinpoint the exact source of all leaks in water, and water/glycol-based industrial systems (both static and circulating). According to the company:
- At the core of the kit is the OPTIMAX™ 3000 blue light LED inspection flashlight, which is cordless, rechargeable and powerful.
- The LED is 15 times brighter than regular LED flashlights and has an inspection range of up to 20 feet (6.1 m).
- Powered by a rechargeable NiMH battery, the flashlight has an LED service life of 50,000 hours.Also included in the kit is a 16-ounce (473-millileter) twin-neck bottle of supeconcentrated WD-802 fluorescent water dye — when a leaking industrial system is scanned with the flashlight, the water dye fluoresces a bright green to reveal the precise location of every leak.
- Rounding out the kit is an 8-ounce (237 milliliter) spray bottle of GLO-AWAY™ dye cleaner, smart AC and DC chargers, dye treatment tags and fluorescence-enhancing glasses.
- All components are packed in a rugged carrying case.