Epoxy-Based, UV-Curable System
With its outstanding light transmission properties and optical clarity, Master Bond UV15 is suitable for a variety of bonding, coating and sealing applications in the optical, electronic and optoelectronic industries. According to the company, this system is:
- 100 percent reactive and does not contain any solvents or other volatiles.
- Completely free of any oxygen inhibition.
- Quick-curing when exposed to a UV light source with a wavelength range between 320 and 365 nm (it typically cures in thicknesses of a few microns to 0.015 to 0.020 inches in 15 to 30 seconds or less).
- Capable of curing by a cationic reaction and producing bonds that have lower shrinkage (1 to 2 percent) and higher temperature resistance than most UV systems.
- Characterized by a glass transition temperature (Tg) of 90 to 95°C with a straight UV cure (when post cured for 30 minutes at 125°C, the Tg is 125 to 130°C).
- Able to adhere to a wide variety of substrates, including plastics, glass and many metals.
- Characterized by a service temperature range of -80 to +350°F and resistance to a wide variety of chemicals including water, acids, bases, fuels and many solvents.
- Available in syringes, ½ pints, pints, quarts, gallons and 5-gallon containers.