A Direct-Current Motor for Every Application
Fri, 09/14/2012 - 9:49am
Baldor Electric Co. now offers customers the widest variety of permanent magnet and wound field industrial direct-current (DC) motors in the world. According to the company:
- Both IEC and NEMA frame motors are available from stock from 1/50 to 500 HP.
- Baldor meets specific application needs with custom-designed motors up to 3,000 HP.
- A complete offering of Baldor round-body DC motors has the same shaft height and mounting dimensions as competitors motors, making the product an easy drop-in replacement.
- Baldor also offers a full range of laminated frame DC motors, including explosion-proof designs.
- ABB’s DMI DC motor is the most power dense DC motor design in the global market.
- This laminated frame IEC product has ratings up to 1400 Kw, and with its smaller footprint can be used in a variety of applications where space is an issue.