Schurter’s TA35 thermal circuit breaker is now offered with an antibacterial protective cover, allowing the circuit breaker to be used in applications where it is increasingly important to protect against the spread of bacteria. According to the company:
- The new cover has been tested and confirmed to be antibacterial effective according to ISO 22196, particularly in protecting against the growth of the bacteria strains Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus.
- The silver ions contained in the cover material prevent the growth of numerous other organisms.
- The breaker with cover has an ingress protection rating of IP 65, and withstands the use of common cleaning agents and disinfectants.
- The antibacterial effectiveness combined with seal protection make the unit well-suited for use in hygienic equipment subjected to routine wash downs.
- The TA35 circuit breaker is used all over the world in applications requiring a high degree of safety and reliability.
- It is available in 1-pole, 2-pole and 3-pole versions and can be configured according to customer specific requirements.
- Six colors and a range of legends or customer-specific symbols can be selected for the illuminated or non-illuminated rocker switch.
- The switches are designed for efficient snap-in mounting in panel thicknesses from 1 to 4 mm and are equipped with 6.3 x 0.8 mm terminals.
- Rated currents range from 50mA to 20A. The TA35 is cURus and VDE approved.