Testing for Pneumatic Conveying & De-Dusting
Mon, 08/20/2012 - 10:50am
Pelletron recently built a complete new test lab for pneumatic conveying tests for bulk materials. According to the company, features of the service include:
- The flexibility to compare tests between dilute-phase, STRANDPHASE® and dense-phase conveying systems to determine the characteristics of the conveyed products at each conveying technology.
- A special short loop for attrition tests, including wash-out of piping to determine the exact increase of dust generated through pneumatic conveying.
- The FineAlyzer® to measure dust content through wet test analysis.
- 2 parallel loops, 1 equipped with standard pipe elbows, the other with Pellbows®, to run comparison tests for standard pipe elbows and Pellbows.
- An electronic test report that consists of a PPM analysis, digital images of the material before and after de-dusting, and the increase of dust for each tested conveying method.
- Reporting in accordance with European FEM or ASTM D 7486–08 standards (the ASTM standard measures the dust particle from 1.6 to 500 microns).