Extra Screening Capacity, Extra Low Profile
Tue, 08/14/2012 - 10:06am
Kason Corp. recently unveiled the K30-1FT-SS ultra-sanitary sifter to minimize height requirements, while increasing screening capacity. The company says that this sifter, featuring its Vibroscreen® Flo-Thru design, also offers:
- The power of on-size particles to pass rapidly through the 30-inch or 762-mm (dia.) screen in a vertical straight-through discharge path at higher rates than circular screeners having a centrally mounted gyratory motor and horizontal discharge paths.
- The ability to scalp oversize particles through a screen mesh as fine as 38 microns (400 mesh).
- Accommodations for dry bulk materials or solids-laden slurries.
- 2 unbalanced-weight gyratory motors mounted on opposing exterior sidewalls of the unit, instead of 1 motor positioned beneath the screening chamber, to reduce overall height.
- A side discharge spout for oversize material through which to exit.
- Quick-release clamps for rapid removal of screens and tool-free disassembly of frames for thorough washdown of components (including the motors), as well as rapid interior access for inspection and screen changes.
- Stainless steel material contact surfaces, including the floor stand, with continuous welds polished to cGMP, 3-A, USDA and FDA standards.
- Screen diameters from 18 to 84 inches (457 to 2,134 mm).
- The flexibility to be furnished with a dust-tight cover.