Larson Electronics Magnalight.com recently added the EPL-TP-1X70-100 quadpod-mounted explosion-proof metal halide light to its line of hazardous location lighting equipment. According to the company, this adjustable light tower additionally provides:
- 32,000 lumens over 13,000 square feet of coverage.
- A waterproof 70-watt metal halide light that is constructed of copper-free cast aluminum with a thermoset powder-coat finish for corrosion resistance.
- A 3/4-inch thermal shock- and impact-resistant tempered glass lens to protect the metal halide bulb and reflector assembly.
- High stability via a 4-leg, 4- to 8-foot (H) adjustable tower and a pair of solid rubber wheels for easy mobility.
- Simplified transport due to a takedown design that allows the light assembly to be removed and the tower collapsed.
- Aluminum construction for a lightweight, yet high-strength profile.
- A copper-free aluminum lamp housing, covers and fittings.
- A U-bracket, which allows operators to easily adjust the lamp through almost 360 degrees of vertical movement and is secured with stainless steel hardware, to mount the lamp to the tower.
- 100 feet of abrasion- and chemical-resistant cord fitted with an explosion-proof straight blade plug to provide safe and secure connections, and plenty of length for moving the tower around the work area.
- Operation from a standard 120-VAC current.
- Suitability for use in wastewater treatment plants, refineries, petrochemical facilities, coal-pulverizing facilities, munitions storage areas, utility gas plants, hazardous areas, and locations where wet or corrosive marine environments pose a durability issue.
- UL 595 Marine, and Class 1 & 2, Div. 1 & 2 approval, plus a T4 temperature rating, making the tower suitable for wet and marine locations, so it’s ideal for shipyards, docks, and areas where mobility and high resistance to wet and demanding conditions are required.